Tuesday 29 April 2014

Assignment 3: Response to Tutor Comments

I was extremely pleased with Keith's response to my third assignment as (following his last comments) I tried to move away from a purely descriptive approach to what I was trying to achieve and concentrate more on ideas and influences that are informing my work. I must admit that I was concerned I had gone too far toward the other end of the scale and was glad that Keith felt I was heading in the right track.

I agree with Keith's sentiment that much can be gained by exploring what is on our doorstep and this is a project I intend to continue to explore in my photographic personal projects. The effect I was hoping to achieve with the images was that there was more gong on below the surface and the comments show I have been successful in this aim. An unexpected result of this assignment was that I really enjoyed converting the images to black and white and I think the power of monochrome images is something I will continue to explore.


Unlike assignment two which caused much angst I found this assignment much more straightforward. On reflection I guess this is for a number of reasons: because I had a definite deadline I needed to work to having had to ask for an extension on the assignment I knew I had to focus my efforts to complete. Procrastination was not an option here and having a clear idea of what I was setting out to achieve helped focus my efforts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment